Rules for practicing the ethical management
The followings are the activities conducted by HCN’s secretariat for ethical management.
Code of Ethics for HCN
- We, HCN employees, provide our customers with various contents, maintain a high quality broadcasting and construct a prompt customer service system to become a company which can receive love from customers and be trusted by them.
- We, HCN employees, comply with the laws, conduct the works according to a transparent work procedure and take responsibility for the result of the work.
- We, HCN employees, do not try to get any personal gains by taking advantage of our own position/title from any person who is related to the work nor make any unfair transaction.
- We, HCN employees, try to form a sound organizational culture and through continuous self-development, try to both develop individuals and make the company grow.
- We, HCN employees, do not use the company’s property for personal gains but behave in a way that would enhance the image of the company and the prestige of individuals.
To practice the code of ethics above, we establish the regulation of ethics as follows.
Regulation of Ethics for HCN
We, HCN employees, establish the regulation of ethics as follows in order to increase the convenience and value for our customers through a high quality broadcasting service and continuous development of additional services, realize reliable broadcasting through the formation of a fair and transparent trading with contractors including PP companies and realize a sound organizational culture among employees of the company.
Article 1 (Compliance)
- The employees shall comply with the related laws in implementing their works and conduct the work according to the company’s regulation and work procedures.
- Referring to 1 above, if the laws or regulation is not clear, the members shall seek advice from the Ethical Management and Practice Committee in advance.
Article 2 (Increase in customer value)
- The employees shall put priority on the customers in conducting the work and shall conduct the work putting priority on the increase in the convenience for customers and customer satisfaction.
- The employees attending to customers shall wear the correct attire, make the body tidy, and act in good manners so that there is no inconvenience to the customers.
- The employees shall be ready to check the broadcasting network at any time for provision of a high quality broadcasting service to customers and if there is any accident, shall deal with it in the shortest possible time and shall not delay the corrective action more than 24 hours.
Article 3 (Relation with contractors)
- The employees shall not receive any present, money, entertainment or financial convenience from contractors or PP companies not ask for it from them. If any member receives a present from any of them, he/she shall politely return it along with a letter put in an envelope.
- The employees shall not ask any interested parties for any benefits nor receive benefit from them.
- The employees shall conduct the work in a transparent and fair way but shall not conduct the work for personal gains.
- The employees shall not abuse their positions or titles to their own personal advantage.
- The employees shall not disclose any information obtained during the work to any third parties but protect even the information about contractors.
Article 4 (Relation between employees)
- The employees shall try to create a sound mood in the company by acting with the mind of respecting each other with good manners.
- The employees shall not make any monetary transactions between each other including the guarantee for loan. But, in unavoidable cases, they may make the monetary transaction with a written approval of a director or an official above the position of a director in advance.
- Sexual harassment in the company is not only the infringement of human rights but also disturbs the organizational mood. So, the employees should make effort not to make any sexual harassment.
- The employees shall not criticize other colleagues without any evidence nor spread any baseless rumor to others.
Article 5 Miscellaneous
- The employees shall not do any personal work during the work hours.
- The employees shall not use any undisclosed information obtained from the work for their personal gains.
- The employees shall not disclose any data related to the work or any documents used for any meeting to any third parties. (For example: data related to the members, sales data, sales policy/direction, profit data and other confidential data)
- The employees shall not use the corporate budget, asset or corporate credit cards for their personal gains.
- The employees shall not get involved in other works than those for the company.
- The employees shall comply with the “code of ethics for public officials”.
This code of ethics take effect on June 1, 2005